ACCT 405 – Accounting Information system
Spring 206- Group Project 20% covers CLO 4, 5 &6
Objectives of the project
The basic objective of this group project is to familiarize the students about the Accounting Information Systems of various organization in the economy. Preparation of the AIS of various organizations on group-wise and the presentation of the same will l help all the students to familiarize the information processing, documentation , system development , system analysis and the use of system for auditing and control in various organizations. The CLOs fixed for the group project are
CLO 4. Assess the basic information processing and documentation of business cycles
CLO 5. Apply fundamental concepts about systems development and systems analysis
CLO 6. Employ auditing accounting Information systems
CLO 4. Assess the basic information processing and documentation of business cycles ( 7 marks)
Students are expected to identify an organization and assess the basic information processing and documentation of business cycles of that organization. Once you list out the basic information processing develop a DFD for business activities of that selected organization. Also Prepare the Revenue or Expenditure cycle activities of the selected organization.
CLO 5. Apply fundamental concepts about systems development and systems analysis ( 7 marks)
Explain the application of computer based accounting techniques in your selected organization. You can explain about the accounting software used in your organization for data entry, preparation of various reports and how the system is used for analyzing the reports for managerial decision making.
CLO 6. Employ auditing accounting Information systems ( 6 marks)
Explain how the AIS is used for auditing the business activities of the selected organization. You can explain how the system is used for auditing revenue/ expenditure/Assets of the selected organization .
Guidelines for the preparation of Project work
- Any three students can form a group and do the project.
- Books, journals, magazines, papers , internet , brochure etc, can be used for the preparation of the topic and the reference shall be properly documented as per APA style
- Each group is expected to submit a hard copy in A4 size paper as well as a soft copy of the project for evaluation
- The total weight age of the Group work is 20%
- The maximum page limit for the group project is 10
- The last date for submission of the project work is on or before 5th May 2016
- All project work is submitted with a cover page covering the following aspects
- Title of the project
- Student / s name & ID
- Title of the course and course code
- Specify your batch/ morning/evening/weekend
- Name of the university
- Date of submission
- All project work shall be handed over to the course instructor in his office and get the signature of the instructor.
- All students are expected to use the EBSCO- business source elite or Sciencedirect.com for preparing the project
- All assignments/ project work/ case studies shall be valued based on the Rubric attached.
- Any project which is not submitted as per the direction of the course teacher will not be valued and it will be rejected.
- While making presentation of project work, participation of all group members are required and power point slides shall be prepared and it shall be attached with your project work.
- All project work shall be prepared in the following format
- There shall be an introduction
- The body or text of the project with adequate explanation. All important points shall be subdivided in to paragraphs with suitable side headings.
- Conclusion and suggestions
- References used for project preparation
Best of luck
FORMAT OF THE COVER PAGE
Format of the Cover Page of the Project work (Printed)
(Title of the Project work in Block Letters)
(Group members names and Registration Numbers)
Project work submitted to Al Dar University , College of Business Administration for the partial fulfillment of the course ( course code and Title of the course) for the award of degree in Bachelor of Business Administration
Under the guidance of
Date of submission ….. 2016
We (Name of the student/s…)…………………………………….. hereby declare that the project work entitled (title of the project) is a bona fide work done by us under the guidance and supervision of Dr. Philip Thomas. The work has not formed part of any earlier studies for the award of degree/ diploma/ fellowship.
Date: Signature of the Student/s.